In early 2012, I wrote a blog post about LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman's new book The Start-Up of You. To celebrate the one year anniversary of the book, Reid Hoffman has published a 190 slide presentation on SlideShare (acquired by LinkedIn) discussing the core lessons of his book.
See presentation embedded below.
I particularly like the section on networking. Key lessons:
- Strengthen relationships with your key allies.
- Your network is bigger and stronger than you think
- If you are not making or asking for introductions or referrals, you are not leveraging your network.
- If you are not making your network stronger, your network is getting weaker.
- Create an interesting people fund to strengthen relationships or build new ones