I am trying to go paperless in my own life. My work desk is getting cleaner, but home office is still a disaster - ask my wife. I love scanning my receipts for tax purposes and so my wife can keep track of me (she sees the credit card bills anyways). I have started scanning everything that I can to file it. Anyways, this new scanner from Kodak seems cool.
I will have to check it out when it comes out.
Well over the past year many of you have requested to be notified when Kodak has a small scanner that can give you really fast output while still being compact enough to travel. We've talked about the benefits of reducing paper and being able to save time while scanning, and our compact Scanmate line has won a lot of fans. But a common request was always that agents wanted a robust, enterprise-class scanner they could take anywhere easily, and maybe even one that was small enough to use in a car while they are out!
Well - I'm pleased to say we have a new scanner that fits the bill! Introducing the Scanmate i920!
Now what I'm loving about this scanner is the size - it is small enough to hold in your hands and compact enough to fit into a tote bag. One of the ways I thought this might be useful to those of you who tote your laptops everywhere is having a DC/AC Inverter for your car's cigarette lighter, and being able to plug this in to scan paperwork wherever you are - then load it to your laptop easily. (Note: make sure your car battery can handle larger devices being plugged in) I find that to be rather useful myself, both with rental cars and personal use!
It's also FAST! The KODAK SCANMATE i920 scans color documents at 15 pages per minute (ppm) and black-and-white documents at 20 ppm, and has both single-sided and double-sided scanning modes! It can also scan a document as large as 8.5" by 65"! (inches) - perfect for legal documents.
Today is the launch announce date for the scanner, so availability will probably occur in retail and online over the next couple of weeks. If you'd like to preview the scanner, visit our dedicated page and pick your country: http://www.kodak.com/go/i920
Here are 8 great things you can do with the KODAK SCANMATE i920 Scanner to get ahead.
- Save space - compact, highly portable design takes up less desk space
- Save time - Smart Touch performs multiple-step scanning and organizing operations automatically
- Make great images - Kodak's Perfect Page document imaging is built in - just press the button and get great images with bright colors and crisp text
- Scan it all - reliably handles a wide range of documents with the 20-sheet automatic document feeder, including extra-long documents, business cards, ID cards, and embossed hard cards
- Stay in contact - Bundled software helps you easily edit and synchronize business card info with your contact applications
- Integrate easily - TWAIN and ISIS drivers allow quick compatibility with most scanning software
- Do more - KODAK Capture Pro Software lets you quickly scan, process, utilize, and manage documents - no third-party software to buy
- Get peace of mind - our three-year limited warranty supports Kodak's commitment to superior workmanship
Kodak's Smart Touch functionality, embedded within the i920 Scanner automates the digitization of documents to PDFs, JPEGs, TIFFs, MS Word and other files, directly into email, web-mail, SharePoint, network folders and other software.
Kodak's unique Perfect Page Technology offers white-level tracking, deskew, fixed rotation, automatic cropping and border correction, and automatic color detection, in addition to iThresholding and Adaptive Threshold Processing. Users also have an option of purchasing KODAK Capture Pro Software with their i920 hardware.
Compatibility: Windows, TWAIN, and ISIS compliant. For those of you with Apple iOS products, you can try the Apple Windows Emulator for using it with your Macbook.
Pricing: The pricing is $395 on this scanner, making it very affordable for your small business needs!
Robust Duty Cycle - rated at 500 pages per day!
I hope many of you find this helpful and useful in enabling fast, compact scanning in your everyday business! Look for it in retail and online in the next couple of weeks, and I'll update my blog with availability options soon!
Have a great 4th of July everybody!