Great article shared by Matt Heinz of Heinz Marketing on the importance of blogging in terms of effectiveness and ease of use. Great graphic shown below shows that blogging is the third most important social media tactic behind blogger relations and SEO (both of which are also on ActiveRain), BUT blogging is a much easier and manageable process for small businesses and marketers.
Here is a link to the article: Blogging is Good Business - 8 Tips to Get It Right
The author Michael Brenner also offered 8 tips for effective blogging (all of which are covered by ActiveRain Blog Trainer Steven Graham's Blog Training Classes on ActiveRain University:
- Define your objectives - what do you want to accomplish with your blog
- Audience first - know your audience and what they are looking for
- Titles are more important than you think - Just like email subject lines, titles determine whether people want to read more. They are also critical to the search engines.
- Break it up - Make your blog readable.
- Watch your length. Keep it to 300-700 words
- Respond to comments. Blogging is two way communication
- Promote your blog. On and off ActiveRain
- Analyze what works. Use ActiveRain statistics and Google Analytics to determine what works and do more.
Check out the article and good luck!