ActiveRain has early access to the FaceBook Graph Search. Here is what FaceBook Graph Search means for your real estate business and 3 things you should be doing today to take advantage of the roll-out.
Given the amount of social media engagement here at ActiveRain, the team here at ActiveRain was able to get a sneak peek in the FaceBook Search for Real Estate. On first look, it is pretty amazing. Given that consumers are spending as much time on FaceBook as we are spending on Google, the impact to real estate marketing could be significant.
What is FaceBook Search?
On January 16th, FaceBook announced that they will be launching the FaceBook Graph Search. This is the biggest FaceBook announcement since the IPO in 2012. FaceBook Graph Search allows a consumer to see what your friends like and to search the Internet based on your friend's preferences and interests.
What does this mean on FaceBook? Take a look at the below screen shot. Highlighted in red in the header of the page, you can see a large search box.
You can type in anything into the search bar and then see results ordered based on activity from FaceBook users. I typed in "Real Estate Agents" below. Here is the result.
Notice the search refinement on the right. Now I can search for "Real Estate Agents Liked By My Friends in Bellevue, WA."
Looking at the top results, Coldwell Banker Bain has 158 check-ins and 4 likes. And is the top results. I then click through and land on the Coldwell Banker Bain FaceBook Page.
So what does this mean for your real estate business?
- More and more consumers are going to use FaceBook search similar to Google search.
- Put up your FaceBook Page ASAP. More on this to come.
- Classify your FaceBook Page properly based on consumer search preferences. You can do this by going to Admin Panel > Edit Page > Update Info
- Get likes and check-ins! This means grow your local FaceBook friend base. Encourage your friends to like your FaceBook page. Create clever strategies to get check-ins.
- Keep working on developing unique and helpful content for consumers. Develop an engaged consumer base. Take what you are learning around content and engaging consumers here on ActiveRain and apply it to FaceBook Pages.